Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo & Bread

I made fettuccine alfredo with chicken yesterday and it tasted fine, but just wasn't that flavorful. I also made bread that came out "just fine" and I blame the flour for that!

So yesterday I found a blog (again) with tons of recipes promoting health & fitness and (I'm a sucker for those) since I to am trying to live a healthier life style, I decided to try out her recipe, but as I said earlier it was a bit flavorless in my opinion and I think it had a lot to do with everything being fat- free or low fat which is less calories and that's good for me, but bad for my taste buds. It for example asked for fat-free cream cheese, low fat milk well not necessarily asking for BUT suggested the use of these items and I of course was a go for that! Anyhow I'm not saying it was bad it was quite delicious I could eat it again without any alteration but people who want flavorful fettuccine wont get it here, at least not with this recipe. Here are the recipe and some picture of my pasta!

(Here's the recipes for the Fettuccine Alfredo, some might like it more than other, but on the plus side it's healthier then the regular one and I would eat it again. Also I added chicken and cherry tomatoes to mine)

http://mamagrubbsgrub.blogspot.com/2011/12/fettuccine-alfredo-with-mushrooms-and.html






This was dinner and my lunch today that included a smaller portion of pasta and green tea!

On to the "BREAD"

I found a website with instructions, pictures and all and I still managed to mess up somewhere because my bread didn't get very big and I'm thinking it had to do with the flour. I bought whole wheat grain bread flour (me TRYING to be healthy) so it was very grainy and dry. I think next time I will use regular bread flour if I can find it, for some reason I didn't see it in Walmart. Anyone know how it looks? I didn't see one called "bread flour" but bread still tasted good just not big enough to make sandwiches. This bread came out more like bread you eat with meals and wipe your plate clean with lol.

Here are some pictures.


I combined the hot"ish" water with flour, salt, sugar, yeast, oil making what they call the "sponge"
(not in that order)


Then I keep mixing more flour and kneading for about 8 mins! You need some elbow grease for that
oh bread maker where are you....


Went on a run since it need 45 mins to rise...


45 mins later...it has risen! Wait it's not that big :-/
What went wrong??
I kneaded then left in a warm spot covered with a moist cloth!

 I then "punched" it and divided into two bread pans and placed it in a warm place and let it rise for awhile.

Next placed in oven

After about 45 mins I got 2 small loafs of bread! They are tasty, just not big but not to shabby for my first attempt at bread making WITHOUT a bread maker.

This is Chris doing a comparison with his big finger...oh so tiny!


No comments:

Post a Comment