Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Run, run, run...


Running is something I'd like to someday day be good at and dedicated to. I wish I just had it in me to run miles, but I don't which is unfortunate so I have to train and some how find the motivation to keep at it. What sucks about this transformation is that I picked horrible weather to do it in, almost winter and full blown winter in middle of my program. If I get through this program that consist of 9 weeks of running/ walking that shows dedication. 

The program I decided to use is called C25k Pro and it's an app on my phone that trains a beginner how to run. It consist of run/ walking for 3 days a week in a 9 week spread. It's pretty much a program that has you walk say 1 min, then run 2 mins for 30 mins every other day. Every week adds more time running and less walking until you get to the 9th week, which by that point the program has you running the whole 30 minutes. 

So as of right now I'm on Week 2 Day 1, but I have decided to go ahead and start over because I have n't been running consistently every other day. Tomorrow will be  Week 1, Day1 and I will post again tomorrow about my experience I will say that my initial first week I had a lot of knee pain hopefully this wont be the same issue. 

Adios! 



No comments:

Post a Comment