Sorry I keep forgetting to post! Lets get you updated with everything that has gone on these past couple days and I will do this by publishing several post today. Lets begin with today...well today was pretty eventful (and when I say eventful, I mean I got more stuff done then usual ,WOW do I sound boring) I got more of our laundry done and some cleaning but of course my kitchen seems to be a never ending task. I clean the kitchen several times a day depending on how much I cook, if my dish washer worked it would be a time saver but it doesn't. Our new addition to our family my sweet, chubby baby Grace is quite a handful and she require all the attention from mommy and daddy especially when he comes home from work. Today she was very content sitting in her bouncer for at least 30 mins, and it was wonderful I even caught for on video, it was adorable she was cooing and kicking!
After that I kept on my laundry project and yes it's a project because that too is never ending! If only clothes instantly washed itself and dinner of course was in order, must have food on the table for my hard working husband. I began making enchiladas and ended up with a taco salad. How did that happen you may ask? Well I decided to pick a recipe off a blog which I do on occasions, but usually I play it safe and pick something off allrecipes.com they rate and comment all the recipes, so I always pick the most popular and with best best rating. Today I decide not to go the safe route and well lets say this "new" recipe I picked to make enchiladas was horrible but I improvised. The enchiladas sauce was a fail but thankfully I hadn't done anything to the meat so I used it and made some homemade tortilla chips, cut up some lettuce, grabbed the sour cream, cheese and salsa that I made earlier this week and BAM I had a meal and my husband was full and happy, as was I.
I forgot to mention since I did have Grace a couple months ago I am trying to eat healthier TRYING key word so my plate is the one with no cheese but sadly does have sour cream, good thing is it's low fat.
Things I suggest to improve this meal even for us next time I make it.
1. lean meat
2. fat- free cheese, fat- free sour cream (or none at all)
3. Add more veggies! (we usually use tomatoes but we were out at the moment)
4. Make tortilla chips at home, use whole wheat tortillas and no salt! (just a thought)
I could have or would've done these things if I has access to them but since I was trying to budget I decided to use what we had at home instead of running to the store.
oh! and tortilla chips were easy to make, my husband came up with the idea when I realized we didn't have chips. Get couple tortillas cut them into 4's, place in a shallow baking pans like a cookie sheet I guess and lightly coat them in olive oil, then add little salt place in oven for 400- 450 degrees for couple minutes and you have homemade chips! I still need to perfect it but they were still good!
After that I kept on my laundry project and yes it's a project because that too is never ending! If only clothes instantly washed itself and dinner of course was in order, must have food on the table for my hard working husband. I began making enchiladas and ended up with a taco salad. How did that happen you may ask? Well I decided to pick a recipe off a blog which I do on occasions, but usually I play it safe and pick something off allrecipes.com they rate and comment all the recipes, so I always pick the most popular and with best best rating. Today I decide not to go the safe route and well lets say this "new" recipe I picked to make enchiladas was horrible but I improvised. The enchiladas sauce was a fail but thankfully I hadn't done anything to the meat so I used it and made some homemade tortilla chips, cut up some lettuce, grabbed the sour cream, cheese and salsa that I made earlier this week and BAM I had a meal and my husband was full and happy, as was I.
I forgot to mention since I did have Grace a couple months ago I am trying to eat healthier TRYING key word so my plate is the one with no cheese but sadly does have sour cream, good thing is it's low fat.
Things I suggest to improve this meal even for us next time I make it.
1. lean meat
2. fat- free cheese, fat- free sour cream (or none at all)
3. Add more veggies! (we usually use tomatoes but we were out at the moment)
4. Make tortilla chips at home, use whole wheat tortillas and no salt! (just a thought)
I could have or would've done these things if I has access to them but since I was trying to budget I decided to use what we had at home instead of running to the store.
oh! and tortilla chips were easy to make, my husband came up with the idea when I realized we didn't have chips. Get couple tortillas cut them into 4's, place in a shallow baking pans like a cookie sheet I guess and lightly coat them in olive oil, then add little salt place in oven for 400- 450 degrees for couple minutes and you have homemade chips! I still need to perfect it but they were still good!



No comments:
Post a Comment